1) People do not always mean what they say, even if it really seems like they do. Sometimes people just say what they think you want to hear and don’t really think about the consequences.
2) If someone says that honesty is extremely important to them, it does not necessarily make them an honest person.
3) You are not stupid for believing what people tell you. You are simply trusting and believe in looking for the best in people. A lot of the time this is a good quality even if it is inevitable that you will sometimes be wrong.
4) I am incredibly naïve. And even knowing this about myself doesn’t change it. But it’s okay. And I know it means I will be hurt sometimes, but that is okay too.
5) “When people show you who they are, believe them.” If someone repeatedly reveals an aspect of their true self that is unacceptable, do not try to make excuses for them. That is probably who they truly are.
6) When multiple people who care about you continuously warn you about someone, do not ignore their advice. Chances are that they are right.
7) I know what I need and deserve, and I’ve realized that when you really, really want something it is so easy to settle for less. I’m glad to have learned about myself that I refuse to accept less.
8) Music helps everything.
9) Good friends help even more. Sometimes it’s even the people you don’t expect.
10) It is okay to be “too” forgiving. Most of the time it is necessary. But sometimes you need to forgive and just let go, instead of continuing to accept the same thing.
11) I’m okay.